Sr Compliance Analyst - Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Sr Compliance Analyst - Servicing assists the Compliance department in the identification and remediation of risk as it relates to mortgage servicing compliance matters including assisting with Exam Management, Internal Audit, Investor or Third-Party review responses, rebuttals, and remediation projects.
Develops and maintains working knowledge and understanding of all federal and state consumer protection laws, mortgage regulations and policies, Fair Servicing, Home Mortgage Protection Act (HPA) and, as it pertains to ECOA and Fair Servicing, Unfair and Deceptive Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
Assists with internal as well as external audit remediation activities and compliance reviews
Conduct reviews of mortgage servicing compliance matters by evaluating trends, conducting root cause analyses, and assisting process owners in the correction of identified errors
Monitor the compliance portal and ensure tickets are responded to in a timely manner
Develops, tests, and implements short-term and long-term mortgage compliance review policies, procedures, and test plans to improve servicing compliance
Develops and maintains working knowledge and understanding of the interest on escrow, late charge, and various fee programming for all servicing compliance related fees
Performs compliance testing of servicing compliance policy and implementation procedure for data collection and reporting
Provide oversight and monitoring of business processes and controls related to mortgage servicing and work with other departments to ensure errors identified are corrected timely
Education and Experience Requirements
5-7 years of experience in the mortgage industry in a compliance related capacity
Strong understanding of mortgage documentation and compliance requirements i.e., allowable fees, investor and agency comparisons, and exception tolerances
In depth knowledge of consumer finance laws and mortgage servicing regulations
Demonstrated experience with critical thinking, analyzing, interpreting, and researching information.
Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
Experience communicating with all levels of management
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
Strong customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Team oriented with ability to interact with all levels inside and outside of the organization
Able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality
Proficient with Microsoft - Access, Excel, Word & Outlook
Knowledge of SQL, mortgage servicing systems, and tracking software is a plus
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4172