Sr Data Systems Analyst - Investor Services
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Sr IS Data Systems Analyst will play a vital role in preserving and enhancing reporting integrity, automation, and process improvement within Investor Servicing. The Sr IS Data Systems Analyst's primary role would be creating automated data sets and routines for Investor Servicing and external investors.
- Perform a reconciliation to ensure daily analytics data feed is loaded appropriately to Investor Servicing systems
- Act as system administrator, review and approve re-routed tasks or system requests in Blackline as needed
- Create and maintain data feeds and automation for Investor Servicing systems and processes through automation, SSRS reports and SSIS packages.
- Produce, organize, and validate accuracy of data sets used in Investor Servicing.
- Collaborate with business unit contacts and senior management in Servicing to effectively identify the best data solutions
- Catalog historical data sets and queries used for data productions
- Assist the Investor Servicing team with other team initiatives requested by management
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or related field or equivalent work experience
Blackline automation experience preferred.
5+ years Business Intelligence experience in Big Data environment including:
Strong proficiency using T-SQL and advanced Microsoft Excel
Experience with other BI applications such as SSRS, SSIS, Tableau, Business Objects, etc. preferred
3+ years of mortgage experience with knowledge practices and procedures related to the life of a loan
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
Data mining with strong understanding of data flow, structure, and efficiency
Ability to analyze detailed statistics and visually present summarized findings
Understanding of relational databases
Highly developed organizational skills
Ability to establish and cultivate internal and external business relationships
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to execute in fast-paced environment
Strong analytical skills
Must be self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet external deadlines with limited supervision
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Aptitude to learn new technology/applications
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.