Sr Developer Analyst - Print Communications (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Sr Developer Analyst - Print Communications will run, monitor, and develop the print communication processes. They will be instrumental in analyzing and documenting product requirements, providing expert advice on data issues, developing and testing phases of new products and existing product changes. They will work closely with business units and vendors to confirm requirements, research, and resolve issues. The candidate will develop and maintain data-related processes and associated reports. They will have strong technical, organizational, research, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to present to and work with senior leadership and clearly communicate technical items with both technical and non-technical partners. The Sr Developer Analyst - Print Communications will provide expert advice to internal and external groups and mentor junior level Developer Analysts.
- Manage and execute high-risk print production processes; ensure meticulous accuracy in all data creation, transmission, and reconciliation.
- Analyze and document product requirements with a focus on understanding the implications of every specification due to the high-visibility and high-risk nature of the operations.
- Serve as a critical contributor in the development and testing of new or updated products.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide expert advice for the Print Communications processes and data for internal business partners and leadership, providing guidance and offering solutions.
- Design and build complex, efficient SQL code to meet business objectives.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes.
- Detect issues in processes or data with the authorization to take appropriate measures independently to address or escalate them, ensuring risks are minimized.
- Engage in special projects centered around letter data, ensuring accurate representation and handling of information within and outside of the organization.
- Research and generate quick turnaround ad-hoc reports, as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the Print Communications department to ensure department objectives are met.
- Track and maintain data for presentation to internal and external clients and vendors in diverse formats.
- Create and maintain documentation for print data and processes using Excel, Word, and Markdown, emphasizing the importance of rigorous accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactively respond to business needs with minimal to no supervision.
- Perform quality review of peer code and provide constructive feedback.
- Analyze complex reports with the ability to reconcile discrepancies or anomalies to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Information Management, or other quantitative discipline with specialization from an accredited college or university.
5+ years’ work experience using advanced SQL required.
Experience with source control such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred.
System design experience preferred.
Mortgage Servicing experience a plus.
General programming experience a plus.
Experience with Servicing Director, LMS, OnBase, and other systems used by Shellpoint is a plus.
Additional experience that would be a plus: Azure, Snowflake, Powershell, Snaplogic, Markdown, Smartsheet, or SharePoint.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of relational database structures required.
Knowledge and familiarity of various data file structures (delimited, XML, JSON, fixed width) required.
Advanced skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
Must achieve a score of "proficient" or higher on SQL test.
Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative environment.
Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PowerBI, Tableau, or other reporting tools required.
Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) preferred.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
By applying to this position candidate acknowledges that this is not a remote role and is required to be on-site.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4890