Sr. Investor Reporting Performance Coordinator
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Sr Investor Reporting Performance Coordinator is responsible for further development of a training program within the Investor Servicing Department (Investor Reporting/Investor Accounting). The individual will help train/develop onboarding programs for new hires, build continued education trainings, and review processes to look for training and documentation opportunities. In addition, this person will be responsible for scorecard management throughout the department.
Possess strong communication skills; enjoys both the creation and curation of trainingmodules/programs who has investor reporting/ accounting expertise.
Train the team on the following but not limited to:
Provide Excel and basic SQLtraining to provide the backbone for the various reporting andreconciliation teams
Building monthly reporting both timely and accurately according to the contractual SLA foreach investor.
S/S, A/A, S/A, RTL
Creating bank reconciliations for multiple types of reporting as well as test of expectedresearch/ resolution training
Resolving any external issues and correcting or updating any data or formatting issues in themonthly reporting to ensure client satisfaction.
Create and hold system trainings on Internal Tech, Servicing Director/ ILS, MSP, GSE/ GNMASystems and SBO.
Working with internal clients such as investor accounting and finance on all accountreconciliation items including P&I, T&I, service fee, corporate advance, timing advance, andoperationaccount reconciliations by reviewing outstanding bank reconciliations monthly.
Create/curatetraining videos, power point presentations for both a classroom setting and/ordepartment library of resources
Work with Management to help createtraining modules and skills testing to support internalpromotion and development initiatives
Create and Update Policies and Procedures alongside management for current and new processes
Create and manage monthly employee and servicer Scorecard reporting for the PLS reporting team
Performs related duties as assigned bymanagement.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical, quantitative, or financial discipline and one year of experienceas an analyst in a financialsetting (a graduate degree may be considered as contributing towards
* 5+ years of Mortgage Servicing experience with 4+ years of Investor Reporting experience.
* Prior mortgage servicing experience and/or investor reporting/accounting required
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environmentincluding other internal departments.
* Strong Investor Reporting and Investor Accounting background, preferably with both GSE andPLS, Private label experience
* Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and respond well to pressure andcompeting deadlines.
* Fast learner-able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Advanced/ Excel SQL Skills-Ability to provide tips on the job
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3176