Sr Manager - IT Compliance
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Senior Manager - IT Compliance is responsible for implementing, administering, and monitoring legal, regulatory and compliance related items within the company’s Information Technology ("IT") systems and Business Continuity and IT Quality Compliance Management Programs. This position plans, organizes, and oversees servicing system compliance changes, information security system requirements, Business Continuity and IT Quality Compliance activities, and will collaborate with Legal, Compliance and IT management in the overall administration of these directives for the company.
Greenville, South Carolina
Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises audit plans for the IT, Business Continuity and Quality Assurance operation of the IT Compliance Program and its related activities to detect and prevent regulatory, reputational, and financial risk. Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Legal, IT, Internal Audit) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Reviews directives from Legal and Compliance teams regarding rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and industry guidelines, and provides written IT requirements for development. Ensures that IT system changes and remediations are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. Identifies potential areas of IT system compliance vulnerability and risk; develops and recommends corrective action plans to remediate identified opportunities. Provides reports on a regular basis, as directed or requested, to keep Senior Management informed of the IT System operation and progress of compliance efforts. Works with the other departments as appropriate to develop IT compliance training materials, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing IT compliance training for all employees and managers, as well as new IT change communications. Monitors, and as necessary, IT project prioritization to remain abreast of the status of all IT projects and IT compliance projects. Completes IT system audits and IT system audit plan as assigned by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- A BS/BA degree is required, preferably in an IT related discipline and/or Accounting.
- Minimum 2-5 years internal or external audit experience in the financial services industry with a concentration in mortgage industry preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance-May include supervision of auditors on projects to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Experience with testing applications and code done with the following languages and using below concepts:
- MS SQL Server
- Relational Table Design
- Transact SQL Language
- Triggers and Stored Procedures
- Web development
- Experience testing services
- MS SQL Server 2016 or higher a plus
- Multi-Threaded Development
- Experience with JIRA as a project lifecycle management and defect tracking tool.
- Experience with TFS.
- Knowledge of Finastra Fusion Servicing Director a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and relate to personnel at all levels within the organization and to effectively support and defend unbiased findings to company management
- Capable of leading or facilitating meetings with Director level (and higher) attendees
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting, meeting strict audit deadlines, with minimal errors
- Experience in performing multiple audit projects and working with varying levels of experience among team members
- Ability to work in and assist in the development of a collaborative team environment
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.