Sr Operational Controls SQL Developer (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Sr Operational Controls SQL Developer is a talented, detail-oriented SQL Developer that contributes to the Data Integrity Management (DIMS) team. The Sr Operational Controls SQL Developer Analyst will extensively use systems knowledge and logical problem-solving to identify and automate the identification of loan exceptions and illogical conditions. They will have an extensive background in SQL coding and an extensive understanding of mortgage servicing.
- Define what the problem is, where it exists, and how it can be fixed.
- Exhibit strong communication and listening skills, focused on interpretation of business requirements, and understanding potential obstacles with rule or control implementation.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add loan exception and business controls that ensures adherence to regulatory and investor requirements, operating practices, and company policy.
- Collaborate with servicing departments to identify and understand existing business rules and exceptions, ensuring accuracy and integrity throughout the process.
- Leverage MS SQL Server data warehouse to create trustworthy code logic used to identify loan exceptions and control flag populations.
- Adhere to and recommend improvements to project coding standards, in-line QC, and stored procedure optimization.
- Conduct peer code reviews, provide guidance, suggest & implement best practices and techniques.
- Assignment of high-visibility reporting projects related to regulatory, investor, compliance, senior leadership, or internal audit.
- Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control (TFS) and process documentation.
- Clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operational controls staff and senior management.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management including but not limited to ad hoc reporting and cross-training.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a data or reporting analyst in a financial setting or related technical certifications.
- 5+ years in T-SQL stored procedure programming and optimization.
- 5+ years mortgage industry experience preferred.
- Experience creating data visualization in Tableau, Power BI, or SSRS.
- Experience with Tableau, Power Platform, Visual Studio, SharePoint, Python, R, and Visio a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Mastery of DQL, DML, and DDL T-SQL commands.
- Proficient in Excel reporting & analysis (must know formulas, pivots, lookups, Power Query).
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, responds well to pressure and deadlines, and works well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Fast and willing learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a thirst for upskilling.
- Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.