Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Staff Accountant I handles miscellaneous tasks related to accounting.
- Maintains the general ledger
- Assists with month end close
- Assists with account analysis
- Processes accounts payable
- Researches discrepancies in accounts payable
- Records monthly accruals and journal entries
- Completes account reconciliations
- Performs special projects as required
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounting or a related field.
- Basic understanding of the General Ledger
- Strong PC skills - particularly with Excel and Word a plus
- Dynamics/ Great Plains software experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or within a team
- Close attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191029195839_Z5N8SXL7HGABFS7F