Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Staff Accountant I handles miscellaneous tasks related to accounting.
- Maintains the general ledger
- Assists with month end close
- Assists with account analysis
- Management of accounts receivable
- Researches discrepancies in accounts receivable
- Records monthly accruals and journal entries
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Completes account reconciliations
- Performs special projects as required
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounting or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in management of Accounts Receivable
- Basic understanding of the General Ledger
- Strong PC skills - particularly with Excel and Word a plus
- Workday Enterprise- Finance
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or within a team
- Close attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.