Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will create projects designed to improve operational performance and deliver excellent client service while assisting our internal operations units. The individual will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, analytic and project management skills to:
- Be accountable for a designated group of operational departments or 3rd party clients by identifying and implementing new operational or client based business strategies.
- Manage 1-2 junior members of the analytics team.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including discovering, investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues.
- Collect performance metrics for the monthly operational or client review and suggest new metrics.
- Exhibit strong communication and listening skills, focused on conveying new ideas to performance managers and understanding potential obstacles to implementation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing business processes and reporting.
- Retrieve data from the data warehouse structure.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline and three years of experience as an analyst in a financial setting (a graduate degree may be considering as contributing towards work experience).
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.
- Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R1048