Supervising Analyst, Special Loans
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Special Loans Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Special Loans Analysts within the Compliance department. They will directly supervise the analysts who perform tasks related to credit reporting disputes and the federal and state military relief programs for mortgages. Supervise team members who are responsible for handling Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) and loan maintenance regarding the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring volume, deadlines, and production of team members, ensuring all tasks are handled within timeframes required by law, as well as Client specific service level agreements. They will be responsible for managing performance of the analysts, training and coaching. They will also be responsible for continuous improvement of timelines, and be able to propose strategies or changes for process improvement. They must monitor various exception reports and worklists, assigning tasks to the analysts on a daily basis, and be accountable for the team meeting goals, service level agreements, and timely resolution. Analysts may be located in different sites and some travel will be required on a quarterly basis.
- Supervise Special Loans Analysts and use performance reports to manage performance with credit reporting and military protections.
- Monitor the eOSCAR system for production of each analyst, manage those deadlines, and provide performance reporting to the Director on a monthly basis.
- Need to have a high level of knowledge of Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
- Intermediate experience with credit reporting Metro2 requirements and/or eOSCAR is required.
- Must be able to coach individual team members to establish goals and expectations for each individual, to help accomplish the team goals.
- Be able to escalate errors/bugs with the servicing system when identified.
- Serve as the direct contact with our account managers at the credit bureaus.
- Establish good morale and communication with other department leaders regarding training issues identified in the requests being made to the analysts.
- Must be able to quickly address performance issues and training opportunities with your own direct reports if they are not meeting expectations with productivity or quality of work.
- Develop and maintain a relevant Incentive Plan that will motivate employees to perform better and meet goals.
- Track and monitor fluctuations in volume/staff and be able to alert the Director, come up with strategies for handling spikes in workload and maintaining acceptable time frames.
- Set goals, conduct annual reviews, address training and disciplinary issues, and approve time cards and time off requests with direct reports.
- Must possess a positive and helpful attitude, leadership skills, and be able to behave as a role model when supervising and coaching team members.
- Acute attention to detail, research and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Regulations.
- Intermediate Math/Accounting skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with mortgage/loan Servicing Systems
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of accountability.
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.