Supervisor - Collections (Temporarily remote)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor (Performing Secured Collections) is a seasoned collections representative with prior management and mortgage experience. This individual will be responsible for the Performing Mortgage Secured Collections.
- Responsible for maintaining a staff
- 10am - 7:00pm Schedule
- Provide guidance and leadership and mentor personnel to develop and reinforce skills and effectiveness.
- Monitor inbound call production and performance results.
- Ensure rep’s stay within defined production expectations (e.g., inbound call loop, etc). Correct errant activity and when appropriate provide feedback.
- Track daily results of work efforts to assure required levels of production and efficiency are achieved
- Resolve Human Resources issues as necessary
- Assist audit department by doing random sample audits of account records
- Supplement the efforts of our Audit Personnel by randomly monitoring some live calls.
- Monitor auto-dialer campaigns and collector’s manual calling efforts.
- This individual must be flex-able and able to work different hours/shifts if needed.
- Must be a good motivator, self-driven to willing to do what it takes to "get the job done".
- 5+ years’ experience in finance, collections, customer service, or a related industry
- Previous management experience or current participant in our internal "managing for success" class.
- Managerial skills including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to train and motivate employees
- Ability to manage data in order to maximize work efforts
- Excellent overall computer skills
- Short learning curve
College degree preferred but not required
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing has grown to become one of America’s largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Our mission at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is to deliver best-in-class portfolio performance for our clients by providing all homeowners with exceptional customer service. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer the training, modern technology, and tools for you to be successful. There could not be a more exciting time than right now to join our growing team, where you can be part of the success.