Supervisor Compliance- Servicing Change Management (Onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor Compliance - Servicing Change Management works closely with the Director and collaborates with Legal, Compliance, and Operational departments at NewRez to ensure the identification, tracking, cure, and testing of failures in policy, process, and technology. The Supervisor leads the team of Analysts responsible to submit to the Director all completed work products and ensures materials are completed according to prescribed schedules from Compliance leadership. The Supervisor is responsible for driving the team of Analysts to complete timely and accurate work products designed to ensure that loans are originated and serviced in compliance with various federal, state, and local laws.
- Sr Compliance Analyst
- Compliance Analyst
- Supervise the team of Compliance Analysts to ensure projects are tracked, managed, and implemented correctly.
- Support the team for the successful intake of opportunities for improvement in processes, policies, federal and state laws, and technology through actively reviewing federal and state exam reports, quality assurance and quality control processes, testing and monitoring results, client and investor due diligence review results, and other third-party reviews. Ensure the team has a consistent feedback loop with legal and other teams to support new law tracking, review, and appropriate project initiation.
- Production, distribution, and tracking of compliance bulletins to affected business units.
- Submit to the Director all completed work products and ensures materials are completed timely, accurately, and according to prescribed guidelines Provide timely materials to the Director to support all required compliance reporting to the Risk, Audit, and Compliance Committees
- Assist the Director with facilitation of the flow of information between the Complaints, QC, & QA Monitoring Team(s) and process owners, to ensure the programs serve as a platform to assess, remediate, and cure gaps and improve the safety and soundness of the related servicing practices.
- Collaborate with the Director to ensure verified exceptions passed to Compliance Change Management for remediation, are documented, tracked, receive appropriate prioritization, handling, and that resolution is reached to cure the process gap.
- Collaborate with the Director to ensure documentation of remediation projects is tested, validated, approved, and consistently stored for record retention and examination requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Compliance leadership.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in business, related field; equivalent experience may be considered.
- 6+ years proven and progressive compliance experience.
- Experience overseeing compliance monitoring and testing.
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions.
- Strong technical skills including familiarity with mortgage servicing systems, quality assurance software, and tracking systems; SharePoint & SQL preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Knowledge of state and federal laws governing mortgage servicing as well as knowledge of loan processing, closing, and servicing practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA - HMDA a plus.
- Ability to monitor and analyze trends, data and quality assurance results and formulate, recommend, and implement appropriate changes.
- Good managerial, communications, analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills. Proven ability to take a project from start to finish.
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies, and issues to stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.