Supervisor- Customer Service
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Inbound Supervisor is a seasoned Customer Service Representative with prior management and mortgage experience. This individual will be responsible for managing the Performing Mortgage Inbound Customer Service team. Over sees the Loan Servicing function and is responsible for the Secured Consumer team.
10:00 am - 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- Responsible for maintaining a staff of approximately 15 employees.
- Provide guidance and leadership and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills and effectiveness.
- Monitor inbound call production and performance results. Ensure staff stays within defined production expectations (e.g., inbound call loop, etc)
- Correct errant activity and provide feedback, when appropriate.
- Track daily results of work efforts to assure required levels of production and efficiency are achieved.
- Address employee relations issues with staff as necessary.
- Assist the audit department by performing random sample audits of account records.
- Supplement the efforts of our Audit Staff by randomly monitoring live calls as needed.
- Monitor auto-dialer campaigns and collectors’ manual calling efforts.
- This individual must be flexible and able to work different hours/shifts, if needed.
- Must be a good motivator, self-driven, and willing to do what it takes to "get the job done".
- Cross-train in different departments (loan servicing, performing, consumer etc.)
- Monitor reports and reviews for the cross-functional areas (loan servicing, inbound, performing, consumer)
- Oversee phone skills and toll free numbers
- Monitor Paid Time Off (PTO) for team in coordination with the work schedule.
- Monitor daily reports and send out daily report updates to the team.
- 5+ years’ experience in finance, collections, customer service, or a related industry
- Previous management experience or current participant in our internal management training series.
- Managerial skills including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Ability to manage data in order to maximize work efforts.
- Excellent overall computer skills.
- Short learning curve.
- College Degree preferred but not required