Supervisor Desktop Support
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Oversee and contribute to the IT desktop support group to ensure proper desktop computer operation in the Houston and Greenville locations so that end users can accomplish business tasks. Establish, maintain and enforce SLA’s within the group. Perform managerial duties such as goal setting and tracking, PTO management, coaching, staff development, etc. Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help requests within established SLA’s. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as, require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Manage desktop support personnel regarding hiring, training/development, goal setting and tracking, ensuring adequate coverage with PTO & on-call rotations. Ensure productivity of employees and foster positive company culture of dedication & accountability
- Enforce, maintain and add IT policies and procedures as necessary. Work with IT Security/audit, Legal, Compliance to ensure sufficient levels of policies and procedures
- Oversee and ensure proper purchasing of equipment, asset tracking, adherence and tracking of budget. Work with IT leaders to forecast and establish required budgets
- Oversee and set the overall direction of the Desktop Support group. Ensure the group is meeting the needs of the business and recommend changes as necessary
- Field, document and process incoming communication (calls, web requests, instant messenger requests, emails, etc.) to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user desktop and application issues.
- Coordinate and perform IT equipment moves of employees as requested by the business lines. Coordinate physical moves with vendors for larger moves.
- Oversee incident and request management system to ensure business and IT staff is able to easily and accurately have issues resolved with minimal overhead
- Provide mostly second and third level but also some first-level contact and incident resolution for users with hardware, software and application issues. Ensure cases are escalated to other groups and/or management in a timely manner when required
- Assemble, install, configure, repair and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and components.
- Coordinate and perform hands-on system modifications at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Follow all procedures and policies for the documenting and handling of support (incident and request) cases. This includes meeting established SLA’s, following all established security policies, accurate and timely logging of support tickets.
- Provide off-hour on-call support for critical issues that would negatively impact business operations.
- Review and provide input on analysis of trends in end user requests and incidents to determine possible improvements in case handling, software configuration or other root causes.
- Work individually or conjunction with ITNC / Help Desk and Greenville Desktop Support, as dictated by the topic, to develop and disseminate help sheets, usage guides and FAQ lists for end users.
- Work closely with Cincinnati Enterprise IT Services Demand Management, Infrastructure, Networking, and Telecomm teams to a) maintain IT services and equipment for Houston end-users or b) identify and deploy new systems technologies to aid the Default management in obtaining their business goals.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of computer equipment, parts, tools and supplies. Utilize asset management systems to track inventory per guidelines.
- Provide facilities support for the local site which may require interactions with vendors and location landlord. Additionally it may require staging and installing a variety of office furniture (desks, chairs, workstations, white boards, cubicles, etc.).
- Work as part of a team to provide services to the end user community.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Communicates with vendors, development and other technical staff as necessary to complete each stage of the project life cycle.
- Follows all security guidelines and complies with all components of our privacy and security policies.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all project work.
- Help Desk or equivalent end-user support experience.
- Have working knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture and MS operating systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with Avaya or other enterprise class Telecom systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Able to proficiently analyze and document customer requirements of varying complexity.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and / or stressful situations.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks are often required in this position
- Must possess both strong operations and IT mindset, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment but at the same time able to be a team player.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven problem-solving, analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Either of the following certifications:
1) Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or
2) Certification (MCDST) or A+ certification
- ITIL training and certification.
- Knowledge of SCSM or other Help Desk Software
- Work Conditions & physical requirements
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle computer components.
- Lifting, transporting and installing moderately heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.), such as computers, peripherals, servers, furniture and cubicle parts.
- College or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology or related field, or significant experience in the field
Work Schedule & Travel
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend support may be necessary for emergencies or projects
- After hours/ weekend on-call on a rotating basis
- Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects & regular support
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190822212059_OQGXKWSHMZONC7F9