Supervisor - Escrow
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Escrow Supervisor will help the manager oversee the day to day operations of the escrow analysis functions, which include responsibility for the monitoring and disbursement of escrow surplus checks, daily exception reporting review, monitoring and training of the escrow staff to ensure consistent SLA’s are being met, internal liaison between the tax, insurance and MI groups, report development and validation, as well as ensuring accurate and timely analysis for bulk analysis and tasks in accordance with investor and regulatory guidelines.
Primary responsibility is helping on escalations by directing research among team members and sending back timely and professional responses to the requestor and/or closing the task.
Oversee the development and management of the escrow analysis export. This includes the initial testing, installation, ongoing monitoring and vendor relationship after installation.
Insure execution and processing of analysis batches and tasks follow RESPA timelines and company SLA’s.
Create additional reporting for upper level management review to display quality and quantity of work in the escrow department.
Review the monthly exception reporting with the Tax, Insurance and MI team, so that escrow analyses can be produced timely and accurately.
Coaches members of the escrow team to ensure they meet the appropriate productivity standards and maintain task SLA’s.
Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
Helps the manager with exception reporting, auditing, control log, and providing feedback on associate performance.
Ensures Escrow Analysis group posts escrow surplus batches daily and reconciliation reports are created.
Meet all required deadlines as assigned by department manager
All other duties and special projects as assigned.
2-4 years of escrow analyses experience
Experience with managing/supervising a team preferred
Strong knowledge of Excel
Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
2+ year College Degree and equivalent work experience preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.