Supervisor - Homeowner Advocacy
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor-Homeowner Advocacy is responsible for supervising the Homeowner Advocacy Team in their work of investigating and responding to consumer complaints. This position is designed to ensure productivity, quality, and training to is adequate for the team to resolve consumer complaints quickly before they escalate, to prevent more risk and exposure to the company, and improve the overall customer experience. The Supervisor will work with various department leaders to investigate and escalate issues to ensure resolution is achieved for the consumer. They will be required to supervise and train the team, provide progress updates to Compliance Management, and ensure timely resolution for the consumer.
- Supervise and assist team in research of consumer’s loan to determine the problem and next steps toward resolution.
- Lead escalation management activities, such as checkpoint calls for customer issues and reporting
- Proactively monitor high priority escalation cases and provide assistance to prevent escalations
- Escalate issues with other department leaders on tasks that their department needs to complete before a resolution can be reached for the consumer.
- Monitor updates and maintenance of the consumer complaint database for complaints.
- Deliver tracking updates and reporting to Compliance Management for productivity and complaint trending.
- Create employee Improvement Action Plan for Escalation Specialist success
- Ensure resource prioritization and resolution of customer escalated issues
- Supervisory experience leading a team of analytical individuals
- Well-rounded knowledge of Mortgage, Consumer finance and loss mitigation a plus
- Superior Customer Service and verbal/phone communication skills is a must
- General mortgage servicing compliance knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with SQL, Tableau, and ILS systems
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3895