Supervisor - Investor Accounting
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Responsible for the group’s timely and accurate completion of P&I and T&I Custodial reconciliations, and is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and communication of company policies and procedures. This position requires a high degree of discretion, sound judgment, initiative and knowledge of Investor Reporting guidelines. This position works with all levels of employees within the organization and requires strong organizational, communication, and planning skills.
Ensure P&I and T&I Custodial accounts are completed on a timely basis and within the Investor’s established guidelines.
Oversee staff including training, development, and continuous feedback of employees.
Review and approve P&I and T&I Custodial accounts and bring to Manager’s attention any exception items requiring special handling or analysis
Review current internal controls and implement approved procedures to correct any deficiencies.
Work with upstream departments and Investors to resolve custodial variances. Assure proper procedures are followed.
Ensure that Investor guidelines are adequately followed and tracking reports are properly maintained.
Oversee process improvement initiatives, research projects with other departments, and company initiatives.
Research and gather reports and documentation requested for audits.
Minimum of 5-8 years Investor Reporting and reconcilement experience required
Minimum 3-5 years of management experience required
Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae servicing guidelines.
Organizational skills with attention to detail.
Ability to assess workload and workflow to prioritize functions to meet deadlines.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong PC skills (Excel)
Ability to work and interact with all levels in an organization.
Valid Driver’s license required.
Background and credit check required
Drug test required
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3464