Supervisor - Loss Mitigation (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Works with the Loss Mitigation team to minimize losses on delinquent mortgages by working according to investor guidelines.
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness.
- Supervises the analysis of financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, valuation reports, and title reports in order to approve the appropriate resolution for the customer
- Tracks, monitors, and measures employee performance according to department standards. Provides feedback monthly.
- Oversees and facilitates the training of new employees
- Maintains training and support materials for the Loss Mitigation Specialist job
- Maintain process and procedure documentation for the Loss Mitigation team, create process and procedure documentation where it doesn’t currently exits
- Ensure that the appropriate entity (yourself, a client, or mortgage insurance company) has reviewed and approval a Loss Mitigation Workout
- Oversees the day-to-day tasks and performance of the Loss Mitigation Specialists
- Assists in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts and managing staffing and miscellaneous costs
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, real estate agents, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the collateral.
- Schedules and monitors of all employee time records
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Undertakes special projects related to departmental activities and performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Mitigation experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication
- A basic understanding of Collections. Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and REO is required
- Experience analyzing financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, home appraisals, title searches and other documents to evaluate pre-foreclosure remedies
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Strong negotiating and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used to improve team’s performance
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing
High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: R3768