Supervisor, Payment Processing
The Supervisor of Payment Processing will assist the Senior Manager of Payment Processing with payment processing functions, cash reconciliations and exceptions handling for Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing.
- Manage workflow in department to ensure timely completion of all assignments.
- Individual and departmental performance reporting including side-by-side coaching as necessary.
- Co-ordinate cross training schedule
- Prepare weekly department assignment schedule
- Ensure proper controls are in place to successfully pass all audits.
- Research and resolve suspense liability and exceptions meeting departmental standards.
- Act as a liaison with retail lockbox ensuring that daily transmissions are received and processed.
- Work with Finance and individual processor on timely resolution of batch outages.
- Generate daily, weekly, or monthly payment activity reports to ensure that data is complete and accurate.
- Serve as an expert on payment activity for all servicing systems.
- Encourage growth of direct and indirect reports.
- Ensure that the needs of the various business lines are being met.
- Periodic review of procedures to ensure accuracy
- Update procedures as changes occur
- Assist Business Analyst with system requirements and testing for changes/upgrades to existing or new systems.
- Process payments across the organization.
- Assist Compliance and Finance with Treasury related information required for state and GSE annual license requirements when requested
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in related field including management of 1-2 direct reports (supervisors) and 3-4 indirect reports (payment processors).
- 5+ years experience in supervisory role in related field (Payment Processing)
- 3+ years experience in Mortgage Servicing industry
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills required; SQL Transact query experience a plus.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines for multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and very high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend multiple servicing systems.
- Knowledge of creating and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.