Supervisor Quality Assurance
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest non-bank mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Operational Quality Assurance Supervisor works with Compliance to provide lead support to Quality Assurance. Responsible for the oversight of operational QA audits, audit research, compliance monitoring, and compliance testing. This individual will work with compliance management to assist in training and remediation activities for business units throughout the organization. The individual will be responsible for the timely submission of departmental metrics and QA audit results on an on-going basis.
- Oversee QA audit schedule and ensure all audit responses are complete, accurate, and provided timely. Work with operations to ensure compliance metrics are completed timely and successful.
- Prepare populations for QA audits and assign QA population validations to auditors
- Perform investor QA audits to ensure investor and regulatory compliance
- Perform KCI reviews to ensure regulatory metrics are met
- Answer QA Auditor questions and give direction to complete QA monitoring and Compliance testing.
- Use spreadsheets and databases to maintain detailed audit records. Provide monthly reporting to Senior Management on QA operations.
- Conduct audits to assist in identifying operational risks and escalating issues to Compliance management
- Researches and reviews accounts, items, or processes selected for audit
- Monitor and make recommendations for smoke detector reports
- Quality Assurance liaison with functional areas
- Manage workflow in department to ensure timely completion of all assignments
- Work with Compliance to create and validate remediation plans
- Assist in QA completion of all investor audits, regulatory audits, state licensing audits, and any external audits conducted on the business
- Perform quality audits of QA Team to ensure understanding and performance
- Maintain updated Job Aids of QA functional areas
- Co-ordinate training and cross-training schedules
- Minimum of 5 years Mortgage Servicing experience required
- Prior Supervisory experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mortgage servicing regulations, NMS requirements, and GSE guidelines is required. Experience analyzing basic processes and data for all supported business units
- Demonstrated strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Strong research and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and flexibility to grow and change with business demand
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used to improve team’s performance
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work well with others across departments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required