Supervisor Recovery Collections
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- The Recovery Collection Supervisor is responsible for effective and efficient management of the Collection department, including managing and coordinating the day to day activities of the Collection department.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Coordinate the activities of the Collection team to achieve assigned goals and reach productivity standards while adhering to all company and department policies and state and federal compliance standards.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the Collection department’s performance and quality of its outputs and services, identifying and initiating actions for improvement and innovation and providing regular reports on the Collection Department’s performance and results
- Provide leadership, support, motivation, and knowledge to the Collection staff
- Manage the collection team including scheduling, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and setting monthly goals
- Communicate new and revised policies and procedures ensuring compliance
- Assist with corrective actions, ensuring proper documentation is completed
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor degree in business or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years mortgage collection experience preferred, preferably all delinquency levels
- 3+ years previous supervisory experience preferred
- Post Charge-off and deficiency balance collections experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Collection processes and operations
- Thorough knowledge of Collection local and federal legal requirements
- Thorough knowledge of computer operations, Company’s Standard Operating Procedures, as well as state and federal legal requirements with regard to collection procedures, foreclosures, and keeping abreast of current requirements and changing legislation
- Proficient with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Center Vu, MS Word, Excel, PDF exchange, etc.
- Strong ability to direct, lead and motivate a staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced hectic environment
- Able to motivate team to achieve Key Performance indicators as set by business needs.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which can include evenings and weekends
- Must be able to meet department attendance standards
Conditions of Work:
- Equipment demands - PC, telephone, variety of office machinery
- Environmental demands - Stress; fast-paced
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20191203171014_CFDNVV6MZRH2G5CL