Supervisor - Regulatory Change
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Regulatory Change Supervisor will provide support with respect to compliance related functions and will manage implementation of procedural changes, examination remediation, and process improvements to avoid risk. The Regulatory Change Supervisor will prepare summaries of new laws and regulations for distribution throughout the enterprise and will be the primary contact for new initiatives and projects.
- Works with business lines to review, develop and maintain tracking of policies and procedures.
- Supervises Change Management team and provides escalation for change projects at risk
- Organizes new law tracking and supervises review by Compliance Specialist
- Oversees new law and policy implementation project management
- Production, distribution and tracking of compliance bulletins to affected business units.
- Assists with regulatory licensing examinations.
- Prepares monthly compliance reporting to the Compliance Management
- Acts as an additional independent review and evaluator to ensure that compliance issues/concerns with the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifies areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Manage Compliance Coordinators and Specialist to ensure projects are completed timely and accurately.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services operations, compliance and/or audit management experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of state and federal laws governing mortgage servicing as well as knowledge of loan processing, closing and servicing practices.
- Ability to monitor and analyze trends, data and quality assurance results and formulate, recommend, and implement appropriate changes.
- Good managerial, communications, analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills
- Knowledge of assigned businesses, products, operations, systems and organization and full understanding of all significant regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190705173500_5DNTJBZTZ14WXRW8