Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Analyzes escrow sufficiency to make sure escrowed funds are sufficient to make required payments
- Update tax lines on the system of record in order to maintain accurate records for delinquent non-escrowed loans obtain delinquent tax amounts in a timely manner so taxes can be paid to prevent a tax sale.
- Works with Escrow Specialist to ensure modification plan guidelines for setting up tax lines, paying taxes, and establishing an escrow account are done timely and within Compliance guidelines.
- Manually requests tax bills, track critical dates, and make payments if not disbursed electronically.
- Execute payments for taxes in batch single processing modes by the installment due dates for the particular payee. Payment processing includes: tax disbursement to avoid incurring interest or penalties,
- Sets up new tax payees or makes changes upon request.
- Update action & follow up in all appropriate systems.
- Weekly reporting to management
- Basic understanding of loss mitigation, REO, bankruptcy and foreclosure
- Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail.
- Short learning curve to assimilate new skills and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication, and follow up skills as well as a strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to multi-task and well organized.
- Associates / Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant tax administration experience in a mortgage banking or real estate financing environment
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.