TRAIL Operations Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and helping others? We need enthusiastic and success driven professionals to join our TRAIL leadership development Program. The ideal candidate can see the big picture in any situation, enjoys a job with a high degree of customer contact, has a sales, entrepreneurial and Process Improvement mindset and can handle any homeowner situation with composure and empathy. We are a growing company who takes pride in
rewarding our top performers with both advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive, well-spoken, and compassionate associates who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
* Performs assigned duties, under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position. These duties will involve Homeowner interface and decisioning in real world
account management scenarios.
* Performs business analyses and provides recommendations to leadership for business and process changes
* Receives training and performs duties in several functions which may include but are not limited to: accounting, collections, customer service, or operations in order to become familiar with line and staff functions, management
viewpoints, company policies, and best practices.
* Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
* Help champion the Process Improvement discipline within the organization and implement the steps and tools necessary to successfully complete projects.
* Will be required to attend company sponsored training classes and attain certain certifications.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
* Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
* Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience, including the operations staff and senior leadership.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in quantitative analysis
* Ability to adapt
* Willingness to learn
* An entrepreneurial business mindset.
* Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
* Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
* Strong skills in Excel and/or Tableau (charts, graphs, pivot tables, formulas, macros etc.).
* Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.
Education & experience
* Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business Administration, MIS, Financial Management, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Discipline or a related program
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.