Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest non-bank mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Transaction Coordinators are responsible for providing assistance to Portfolio Managers to facilitate the closing of transactions such as Securitizations, Loan Sales, and Loan Purchases. The individual will leverage excellent communication skills, creative talents, project management, and analytical skills to ensure all required closing items are completed timely and all operational processes are acknowledged and completed.
- Act as a liaison for Transaction Management and Portfolio Management Teams. Ensure underlying accounts are statused correctly for servicing and contractual requirements have been implemented.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of value-add business strategies and client campaigns that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
- Assist the Portfolio Management Team with assimilating new third-party clients while maintaining a successful relationship with current clients.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the production staff and senior management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with organizational skills.
- Project management and process design skills.
- Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with SQL is a plus.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline and experience in Mortgage Servicing, preferably in a client facing function.
- Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree but with extensive work experience will also be considered.