Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Transactions Paralegal will assist the legal department’s transaction management group with a wide variety of activities related to the company’s transactions and associated agreements. Among other critical functions, this position will be responsible for drafting contract templates, validating redlined or executed agreements, preparing legal documents and correspondence, performing legal research, providing other assistance to in-house counsel in support of a wide variety of transactions, tracking and monitoring the status of contracts, routing legal documents or information to relevant stakeholders (internally or externally), and coordinating with other members of the Legal department and other departments. The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual that has a very strong work ethic, is well-organized, and detail-oriented.
The Transactions Paralegal also will be responsible for other functions and responsibilities as needed based on the legal department’s diverse and evolving needs.
This position will report to the Company’s Senior Counsel in Fort Washington, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our large and growing team of attorney and non-attorney personnel in the Legal department’s transaction management group with a wide variety of activities related to the company’s transactions.
- Draft and revise contract templates, validate redlined agreements or executed agreements, prepare legal documents and correspondence, perform legal research, provide other assistance to in-house counsel in support of transactions, track and monitor the status of contracts and POA requests, route legal documents or information to relevant stakeholders (internally or externally), and coordinate with other departments.
- Perform other functions as needed based on Shellpoint’s diverse and evolving needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal certificate or J.D. preferred.
Experience, Skills and Desired Attributes
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a paralegal or attorney in a law firm or corporate environment, or preferably a mix of both.
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on Shellpoint’s diverse and evolving needs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making.
- Ability to perform legal activities with a high degree of integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel internally and externally, up to and including senior executives and other key personnel.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a "can do" attitude and collegial, collaborative tone.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated and self-disciplined work ethic, with the ability to re-prioritize in "real time" when faced with competing pressures and demands on time.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, hypergrowth company environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Outgoing and confident personality, friendly demeanor, positive attitude and great sense of humor.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R1187-2