Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Manage bank activity for Investor Reporting on a daily basis while working closely with the Accounting Department and the Treasurer to ensuring accurate and timely cash management. May need to provide analysis, troubleshooting, balancing, application testing and other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by Management. This may require the need to design, write, and/or execute ad-hoc queries and scripts, building and maintain databases and design and manage processes as required by the business.
- Monitors all cash-sensitive processes surrounding payment and remittance processes for accuracy and timeliness through oversight of cash-centered processes and procedures executed by indirect reports in order to maintain proper controls and to ensure that appropriate checks and balances are in place and functioning.
- Owns the relationship with the Internal Servicers and support departments and Business Lines to answer procedural questions, troubleshoot issues that may arise from payment processing and collaborate to design and implement cash oriented workflows.
- Functions as project owner for mid to large size projects and works directly with the Business Support Manager, Project Coordinator, and IT to oversee projects to completion.
- Communicates with sellers, vendors and business lines to assist with remit setup, development efforts and problem solving.
- Identify, describe and schedule all cash inflows and outflows.
- Maintain online banking administration for local users in multiple banking platforms.
- Process wires and ACHs through the internally developed tools to be uploaded to the treasury workstation.
- Assist accounting department with maintaining all outstanding checks from multiple disbursement accounts for clearing and reconciling.
- Manage the escheat process for returned checks to ensure proper reporting.
- Process internal tasks for returned payments to ensure they are properly voided in the servicing system and banking software.
- Respond to audit requests and inquiries from internal/external auditors, external regulators, and investors.
- Review and decision positive pay items for ACH and checks in the banking system.
- Review monthly bank analysis statements for errors and possible cost reduction.
- Generates ad-hoc and month-end bank and reconciliation reports.
- Initiates process improvement projects for Cash Management.
- Follows all security guidelines and complies with all components of our privacy and security policies.
- Must be comfortable working independently in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks are often required of this position.
- Must possess thorough operational knowledge and have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft office tools.
- Proficiency with SQL and Yellow Belt certification is highly preferred.
- Applicant must have strong conceptual, organizational, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using sound judgment in decision-making and problem solving.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Travel when needed.
- Must be able to ensure that critical tasks are completed in a manner that satisfies service level requirements which may occasionally include extended hours.
- Bachelors degree in a related area, or significant experience in the field.