Valuations Specialist II (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Under minimal supervision the Valuations Specialist II will be responsible for appraisals and other valuations, and the maintenance and preservation of appropriate assets though the life cycle. The Valuations Specialist II will orchestrate most of this work through established vendors.
- Initiates valuation orders through established vendors using complete and accurate information. Specific responsibilities may include valuation tasks related to GSE-program loan accounts, including (but not limited to) VA, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae values.
- Reviews returned valuation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiates secondary review of valuation reports when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to further review the report.
- Updates files to ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the valuation and preservation.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Resolves vendor holds or delays to ensure timely completion of values ordered.
- Ensures SMS compliance with ECOA requirements through delivery, reporting and follow up of applicable value reports.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of appraisers, and vendors.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Default Support department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ appraisals, mortgage industry, or real estate experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late-stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.