Under minimal supervision the Valuations Specialist will be responsible for appraisals, and other valuations, and the maintenance and preservation of appropriate assets though the life cycle. The Valuations Specialist will orchestrate most of this work through established vendors, appraisers, and brokers.
- Reviews and reacts to inspection reports.
- Reviews returned valuation reports for accuracy and completeness when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to be suspicious of the report.
- Updates files to ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the valuation and preservation.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of appraisers, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Default Support.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Default Support department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Minimum two years real estate or appraisal experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190807210950_DCTF47L9SK6EJLH8