Verbal Complaint Specialist II (Onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Verbal Complaint Specialist II is responsible for supporting the Performing Loan Servicing division and Executive Complaints by investigating and responding to consumer complaints that are received by the Inbound Customer Service Center, allowing other areas of the division to focus on "live" Customer Service efforts and call volume. Verbal Complaints may be related to issues with payments, Escrow (taxes and insurance), our Website, Late Charges, Collections, Credit Reporting, etc. (all aspects of Performing Loan Servicing). This position is designed to resolve consumer complaints quickly before they escalate to a written or Regulatory complaint, to prevent more risk and exposure to the company, and improve the overall customer experience. The Verbal Complaint Specialist II will work with various department leaders within the Performing division, to investigate and get issues resolved for the consumer. They will also be responsible for the outreach and further communication to consumers, after the complaint is received. They will be required to acknowledge the complaint, provide follow ups or status updates when needed, and eventually provide final resolution for the consumer over the phone. The goal of the Verbal Complaint Specialist II is to prevent additional phone calls and additional complaints from the consumer, by providing them with a point of contact, reassurance, and continuous communication until a resolution is reached. This position will require excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, and the ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in problem solving and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with executive complaints from upper management.
- Assist with training new hires.
- Make outbound calls to consumers within 24 hours of receiving a verbal complaint, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound calls to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Research the consumer’s loan to determine the problem and next steps toward resolution. This will require some experience with reading and understanding payment/transaction summaries, escrow analyses, insurance documents, loan origination documents, credit reports, tax lines, etc.
- Follow up with other department leaders on tasks that their department needs to complete before a resolution can be reached for the consumer (getting a payment posted correctly, having an escrow analysis completed, getting their Homeowners insurance or property taxes paid, removing a late notation from a credit report, etc.).
- Make outbound calls to consumers when a resolution is reached, to discuss the resolution and confirm satisfaction with the consumer.
- Assist the Regulatory Complaint team by making outbound calls to acknowledge that we received the consumer’s complaint from an agency, and then make a final call to the consumer to discuss the resolution prior to the team submitting their written response to the agency.
- Updating and maintaining the database for verbal complaints, with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Assist with inbound Customer Service calls when needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Superior Customer Service and verbal/phone communication skills is a must
- Well-rounded knowledge of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS systems needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability are a must
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.