Verbal Complaint Specialist
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Verbal Complaint Specialist is responsible for supporting the Performing Loan Servicing division by investigating and responding to consumer complaints that are received by the Inbound Customer Service Center, allowing other areas of the division to focus on "live" Customer Service efforts and call volume. Verbal Complaints may be related to issues with payments, Escrow (taxes and insurance), our Website, Late Charges, Collections, Credit Reporting, etc. (all aspects of Performing Loan Servicing). This position is designed to resolve consumer complaints quickly before they escalate to a written or Regulatory complaint, to prevent more risk and exposure to the company, and improve the overall customer experience.
- Make outbound calls to consumers within 24 hours of receiving a verbal complaint, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound calls to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Research the consumer’s loan to determine the problem and next steps toward resolution. This will require some experience with reading and understanding payment/transaction summaries, escrow analyses, insurance documents, loan origination documents, credit reports, tax lines, etc.
- Follow up with other department leaders on tasks that their department needs to complete before a resolution can be reached for the consumer (getting a payment posted correctly, having an escrow analysis completed, getting their Homeowners insurance or property taxes paid, removing a late notation from a credit report, etc.).
- Make outbound calls to consumers when a resolution is reached, to discuss the resolution and confirm satisfaction with the consumer.
- Assist the Regulatory Complaint team by making outbound calls to acknowledge that we received the consumer’s complaint from an agency, and then make a final call to the consumer to discuss the resolution prior to the team submitting their written response to the agency.
- Updating and maintaining the database for verbal complaints, with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Assist with inbound Customer Service calls when needed.
- Superior Customer Service and verbal/phone communication skills is a must
- Well-rounded knowledge of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS systems needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability are a must
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
Education & experience:
- College degree preferred, High-school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Over 1 year of experience (preferred, but not required).
- Familiarity with lending-related terminology and processes (preferred, but not required).
- Advancement opportunities.
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off)
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer:
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.