Web Systems Development Lead
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Web Systems Development Lead
The Web Systems Development Lead is responsible for ensuring our customer-centric web applications continually exceed our customer’s expectations and keep up with business demand for feature development. This person will be the technical expert around the implementation, build and functionality of the applications, and work closely with a variety of contributors and partners to ensure success.
- Serve as the development lead for our web-services team to develop and support high-availability web applications for our external customers
- Plan and coordinate work with in-house staff, other development teams, contractors, and vendors
- Work to ensure development standards are met, blockers are removed, and deployments are well-orchestrated
- Implement features and troubleshoot bugs as needed to move projects forward
- Work with business stakeholders to have requirements identified and proposals vetted
- Ability to function as a team-player and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates strong team interaction, time management, and communication skills
- Clearly identify, document and report on project status and timelines
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience in a multi-teamed web development environment
- Demonstrated experience planning work and removing blockers in an Agile environment
- Angular 10+
- OpenID Connect (OIDC) authorization framework
- C# .NET
- MS SQL Server and T-SQL programming
- REST APIs
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable interacting with the business and designing\developing solutions with minimal requirements
- Experience with code refactoring and rewriting
- Experience with feature upgrades during refactoring
- Experience with build pipelines and continuous integration
- Working practice of industry accepted design patterns and best practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Azure
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R686